Sunday, December 8, 2013

Two Unit Reflection

  Unit 2
   Throughout everything I experienced in this unit, I have learned and noticed more about from popular culture. I have learned a lot from both the individual projects and group projects. I believe the pop star project is one of the easiest projects that give a great opportunity to every student to learn more about the pop stars in the world other than what they know.  Moreover, the fad explanation is also a great assignment. During this assignment, we all got to know more about what was going on in the world in each decade. Although everyone just explained in short world with their assignment, but I still learned a lot about the fashion, people, food and others that were important in the each decade. Before I start on this assignment I had no idea the mini skirt was rising in 1960S, I thought it was beginning from the last decade. At the same time, I would consider that is my Aha moment in this unit.  I think the mini skirt gives people an informal feeling in the past time, I can’t image how people wearing the mini skirt and walking in the street during 1960S.
  Bumper stick: fashion! Fashion is not just follow what star wearing or using, it is choose the right fashion that looks great on you.


Unit 3“
   Tyler Perry’s Money Machine” another great learning opportunity helps me to know more about a famous African American actor. According to this article I learned Tyler works hard as a machine and makes money with his talent. When Tyler comes out his movie became the most popular and famous, and each movie he involved is receiving an award.  He shows a real Africa American style as they relating to others in the movie, and he is use his own way to showing the nature on movie. The good timing, right chance and perfect talent are reasons for making Tyler’s film successful and earn lots of money. Before I read this article I have no idea who Tyler Perry is and what he did.  I believe this article is giving people passion to start doing on any work. One thing that I want to notice from this article is given but you can try to create your own opportunity. I would consider genre be my Aha Moment in this unit. Genre is a category of artistic, musical and film by a particular style, it also a useful part to bring more common senses in movie plot. Moreover genre is used in the study of films in order and it is impossible to pick what you wanted to watch a film.
Bumper Sticker:  Hollywood!! This unit is about movie Hollywood is one of famous district in the US.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment